The Jacketed Universal Seal Series offers all the benefits of Viking's Universal Seal Series, but with integral heating jackets offered on the pump bracket, head, casing, and relief valve. These jackets can then be piped with heat transfer oil, steam, or hot water to precisely control the temperature. These pumps are ideal for temperature sensative applications such as asphalt, chocolate, resin, and plastics.
An enlarged bearing housing at the rear of the pump provides easy drive-end access, and accepts various sealing options including:
- component mechanical seals
- cartridge single-mechanical seals
- cartridge double-mechanical seals, and
- cartridge triple-lip seals.
This allows drive-end access for maintenance or replacement of cartridge seals without opening the head and pulling the rotor/shaft. Some sizes also offer behind-the-rotor component mechanical seals.
Ports are available in a variety of 90- and 180-degree configurations. Integral pressure relief valves are standard. Universal Seal pumps are also available in non-jacketed Universal Seal versions.
The Jacketed Universal Seal Series includes the following models:
- 224A, 224AE, and 324A - Cast Iron Jacketed Packed Pumps
- 4224A, 4224AE, and 4324A - Cast Iron Jacketed Mechanically Sealed Pumps
- 4224B - Cast Iron Jacketed Behind-The-Rotor Mechanically Sealed Pumps
- 226A - Ductile Iron Jacketed Packed Pumps
- 4226A - Ductile Iron Jacketed Mechanically Sealed Pumps
- 223A & 323A - Steel Jacketed Packed Pumps
- 4223A & 4323A - Steel Jacketed Mechanically Sealed Pumps
- 227A & 327A - 316 Stainless Steel Jacketed Packed Pumps
- 4227A & 4327A - 316 Stainless Steel Jacketed Mechanically Sealed Pumps