The Ramsey DE10 and DE20 Impact Weighers are unique devices designed to measure the mass flow rate and total mass of free-flowing particulate materials. They provide a low cost, yet highly accurate, method of measuring the mass flow of dry solids and powders for inventory process control and can help you save thousands of dollars by reducing waste and improving product quality.
The Ramsey DE10 and DE20 Impact Weighers are designed to provide continuous mass flow measurement in mechanical conveying systems without interrupting the flow of material. They are ideal for applications in vertical flow streams where weighfeeders or conveyor scales will not fit or cannot be applied.
These systems are easy to install and maintain. They can be used with a variety of pre-feed devices, including screw or vibratory feeders, belt conveyors, drag conveyors, air slides or rotary valves. With more than 7,000 impact weighing systems in operation around the world, Thermo has dealt with a wide variety of materials. Some typical materials monitored include: fertilizer, cement, charcoal, mineral sands, wood chips, plastic pellets, grain, potato chips, rice and confectionary materials.
Ramsey DE10 Advantages
- Unique design allows installation even in the most difficult process environments
- Measurement is not affected by changing the impact point on the sensing plate
- Build-up on the sensing plate cannot influence the zero point
- High reliability and low maintenance
- Mechanical damping system absorbs shocks and damps vibration
- Sensor allows some overload without damage to the system
- Sensor is located in a dust-tight enclosure external to the process stream
- Operates accurately in pulsating or surging flows
Ramsey DE20 Advantages
- Capable of accurately measuring very low flows
- Compact design fits easily into areas with limited room
- Easy to install flange-to-flange fitting
- Sensor located external to the process and protected by a dust-proof seal
- Easily retrofitted to existing conveying, batching or delivery systems