CHEM-GARDŽ CGC Thermoplastic Close Coupled Centrifugal Pumps
POLYPROPYLENE (PP) POLYVINYL FLUORIDE (PVDF)
Flows to 500 gpm Heads to 220 feet
Temperatures to 275°F
Click Here for Engineering Specifications
When space is critical, cost savings important, and dependable transfer of aggressive or ultrapure fluids a must, the Vanton series of close-coupled, end suction thermoplastic centrifugal pumps is ideal. Its small footprint reduces space requirements by as much as 20%, initial cost is appreciably lower than conventional foot mounted centrifugal pumps, and its availability in solid molded homogeneous polypropylene and polyvinylidene fluoride assures reliable fluid handling without corrosion or product contamination. These quality engineered metal armored, solid (not lined) nonmetallic pumps incorporate the superior design and manufacturing innovations of the Vanton CHEM-GARDŽ line in a smaller, more compact envelope especially significant for OEM equipment.
Vanton CGC pumps are available in your choice of tangential or centerline discharge that allows removal for maintenance without disturbing existing piping. Both offer easy seal access configuration. Their innovative construction includes a pump shaft assembly completely independent of the motor shaft, minimizing maintenance and extending motor service life. The pumps are designed to accommodate standard C-face motors and commercial mechanical seals. Where product contamination can not be tolerated, all fluid contact components can be furnished in virgin natural and unpigmented thermoplastics to assure the integrity of high purity water, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and semiconductor fluids.
- Pump casing and cover molded from virgin, homogeneous thermoplastic.
- Dynamically balanced, molded homogeneous thermoplastic semi-open or closed vane impeller with imbedded stainless steel insert. Key driven to assure positive drive in either direction.
- Alloy steel, large diameter shaft with wet and completely isolated from fluid contact by a thick sectioned thermoplastic sleeve.
- Pump accommodates standard single and double mechanical seals without modification. Seals are reverse mounted with nonmetallic seal component inboard to avoid any metal-to-fluid contact, making it unnecessary to use expensive high alloy or exotic metals.
- Shaft bearing is lubricated by direct product flush and positioned to minimize shaft deflection and extend service life.
- Metal armor totally encloses thermoplastic casing and flanges to provide nozzle loadings comparable to those of metal pumps.
Dimensions and specifications subject to change and may vary slightly with motor manufacturer selected.
50 Hertz performance curves and metric dimensions are available on request.
For higher horsepower and operating speeds consult factory.
Catalog sheets available on other Vanton centrifugal pump models including self-priming designs, vortex heads, magnetic drive and foot mounted pumps.
ADVANTAGES OF THERMOPLASTICS
- No corrosion or rusting. Metals corrode, plastics don't.
- No interbatch product contamination. Fiberglass composites wick and absorb fluids by capillary action. Solid homogeneous thermoplastics don't.
- No danger of metallic contamination.
- No problems with galling. Easier maintenance.
- Superior resistance to abrasion than metals or fiberglass composites.
- Greater chemical resistance over the full pH range than stainless steel or fiberglass composites.