CHEM-GARDŽ PG Thermoplastic PRIME-GARDŽ Self-Priming Pumps
POLYPROPYLENE (PP) POLYVINYLIDENE FLUORIDE (PVDF)
Flows from 5 to 175 gpm Heads to 170 feet
Temperatures to 275°F
Click Here for Engineering Specifications
Vanton heavy duty self-priming thermoplastic pumps are ideal for use on mobile acid buggies, for sump and tank evacuation and emergency overload pumping. They are often specified for in-line service where low headroom precludes the use of vertical pumps, and in other applications where rapid self-priming from depths to 15 feet is required. Available in PP & PVDF homogeneous thermoplastics, they are recommended for the handling of corrosive, abrasive, hazardous, toxic and other aggressive fluids.
As with all Vanton thermoplastic pumps, no metal components are in contact with the fluid being handled. Even the large diameter steel shaft is isolated from the fluid by a thick sectioned thermoplastic sleeve. No metallic contamination is possible.
PRIME-GARDŽ pumps incorporate many of the unique design features of the Vanton CHEM-GARDŽ line of horizontal centrifugals. The retractable front bearing design provides for quick and easy mechanical seal inspection. The ability to simultaneously adjust this bearing close to the impeller minimizes shaft overhang for higher critical speeds and maximum seal life. The expanded wide open seal area accommodates most commercially available seals.
The Vanton PRIME-GARDŽ design allows for back pull-out which permits seal replacement without disturbing existing piping. These self-priming pumps are not subject to siphoning and loss of prime when shut down. They have an integrally molded solid thermoplastic priming chamber and check valve which holds its prime. Once the pump has been primed, the liquid is trapped in this chamber and the pump remains primed unless it is drained for maintenance.
- Pump cover and casing assembly molded from virgin, homogeneous thermoplastics.
- Dynamically balanced, molded thermoplastic impeller with imbedded stainless steel insert. Key driven to assure positive drive.
- Integrally molded, one-piece thermoplastic priming chamber which includes accessible check valve, inner casing and internal fluid passages. Construction holds prime on shut down, unless drained for maintenance.
- No bolted-on accessories or blind recesses to impede complete drainage.
- Interchangeable sliding bar pedestal which permits retrofitting with standard Vanton CHEM-GARDŽ is pumps.
- Suction port designed to allow for rotation.
- Retractable front bearing to accommodate most commercially available mechanical seals and simplify seal inspection and servicing.
- Reverse mounted mechanical seal to position the non-metallic face in fluid contact area.
- Alloy steel heavy duty shaft isolated from fluid by thick sectioned thermoplastic sleeve.
- Design to allow for back pull-out.
PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS - 60 Hz
50 Hz curves available on request
Click for Larger View
Designs, dimensions and specifications subject to change due to ongoing product improvement programs.
Catalog sheets available on all Vanton CHEM-GARDŽ models including standard CG, CGA-ANSI, CGM-magnetic drive and CGC close coupled designs.