SUMP-GARD® SG Thermoplastic Vertical Centrifugal Pumps
POLYPROPYLENE PVC CPVC PVDF
Flows to 1450 gpm Heads to 245 feet
Lengths to 20 feet Temperatures to 275°F
Click Here for Engineering Specifications
Vanton vertical thermoplastic sump pumps are engineered for dependable handling of corrosive, abrasive, hazardous and toxic process fluids and plant effluents over broad temperature and pH ranges. These rugged pumps are widely used for processing, environmental controls and water and waste water throughout the chemical, textile, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, semiconductor, electroplating, and other manufacturing industries, as well as in utilities and municipal water treatment facilities. Their unique construction assures no metal in contact with the fluids. Even the alloy steel shafts are isolated from the pumped fluids by thick sectioned thermoplastic sleeves. The availability of chemically inert, homogeneous thermoplastics for all fluid contact components makes these reliable pumps suitable for handling high purity water, reagent grade chemicals and other fluids that must remain contamination free.
The rugged construction of these heavy-duty sump pumps assures dependable service. Vanton's unique design automatically compensates for the different expansion rates between the metal shaft and plastic column. This prevents impeller binding even under wide temperature fluctuations. In addition to conventional stationary installations, these thermoplastic pumps can be skid mounted for portability within the plant or floated on pontoons, for use in open ponds.
Vanton offers the widest variety of thermoplastic vertical pump designs and configurations, and the most extensive experience in the industry. Our innovative engineering department is at your disposal to modify existing designs, or discuss entirely new configurations to meet your specific needs.
Machined motor mounting bracket containing regreaseable camlock ball bearings for positioning and locking pump shaft in position.
- Ball bearings act as thrust bearings and allow accurate adjustment of impeller clearance without removing pumps from installation.
- Fume-Gard® vapor seal minimizes emissions and protects external bearing and motor from corrosive fumes.
- Thermoplastic cover plate customized to meet tank/sump configuration.
- Thermoplastic columns structurally reinforced for additional strength when submerged shaft lengths are greater than 8 feet.
- Thermoplastic sleeve to isolate the alloy shaft from the pumped fluid.
- Submerged bearings with ceramic inner sleeves and Teflon®, Vanite® or ceramic outer sleeves, lubricated by the pumped fluid. For abrasive liquids or slurries, bearings are flushed with clear fluid or fresh water.
- Precision molded thermoplastic casing, casing cover and impeller.
- Thermoplastic closed or semi-open impeller injection molded with embedded dynamically balanced stainless steel insert with radial vanes, keyed to shaft to assure positive drive. Vortex construction available for handling sludge, slurries and solid laden fluids.
- Strainer with 1/4" or specified hole size available in broad range of thermoplastic materials.
Note: Every Vanton pump is performance tested, at indicated conditions
of service, before shipping. All test data are permanently recorded.
|SUMP-GARD® SG PUMP DIMENSIONS
||1 X 1
||1 1/2 X 1 1/2
||2 X 2
||2 X 2
||3 X 2
||3 X 2
||4 X 3
||4 X 3
||6 X 4
NOTE: Dimensions and specifications subject to change as indicated by ongoing product improvement program.
ADVANTAGES OF THERMOPLASTICS
- NO galvanic corrosion or rusting. Metals corrode, plastics don't.
- NO interbatch product contamination. Fiberglass composites wick and absorb by capillary action. Solid homogeneous thermoplastics don't.
- Superior resistance to abrasion compared to metals or thermoset composites.
- Greater chemical resistance over the full pH range compared to metals or thermosets.
- NO metallic contamination of the fluid.
- NO problems with galling. Easier maintenance.