HAUG Static Control Products
HAUG Ion Air Knife AK GK
HAUG's Standard Ion Air Knife is an effective way to eliminate static electricity from webs, sheet stock and plastic surfaces. The Ion Air Knife AK GK belongs to the group of air gates. As the name already indicates, these are ionizers which are supported by air flows. The effectiveness of the Air Knife can be explained by the special design of the air discharge nozzle which creates the so-called “coanda effect”.
Special Features And Advantages
Reducing the injection affords the air blast operated Air Knife ionization unit two particularly positive aspects:
- The air discharge speed is increased, resulting in increased effective depth. This in turn permits a greater operating distance of the Air Knife to the material web.
- The slot jet has a wider angle of dispersion, which is expanded from 24° to 33°. A larger surface is therefore covered with ionizing, neutralizing air.
- Plastic processing industry: Film processing, packaging machines, sheet extruders, etc.
- Textile industry: Weaving and spinning mills, textile finishing, etc.
- Graphic industry: Screen and pad printing machines, photo and film processing machines, folding machines, etc.
- Paint shops: Car painting, painting of plastic components, etc.
The Coanda Effect
In contrast to full jet nozzles, with the “coanda effect” the ionized air comes out of a slotted nozzle producing a flat jet. The special construction of the bottom-side of the Air Knife causes an unilateral reduction in injection (air suction from the atmosphere), thus creating negative pressure so that the ionized air is directed to the material web.
|The Coanda Effect
In contrast to full flow nozzles, ionized air is discharged from a slotted nozzle, creating a flat jet flow.
Air flow (Luftstrom) without deflection due to uniform injection
|The special construction on the underside of the knife effects a single-sided reduction in the injection (air suction from the atmosphere) which creates a vacuum and ensures that ionized air is directed to the material track.
The COANDA effect
Air flow with deflection
|Reducing the injection affords the air blast operated Air Knife ionization unit two particularly positive aspects:
1. The air discharge speed is increased,
|2. The slotted flow has a wider angle of
dispersion, which is expanded from 24° to
33°. A wider surface is therefore covered
with ionizing, neutralizing air.
Possible Configurations of the Air Knife
|Air Knife||+ Multistat Power pack||(for all-electronic production monitoring)|
|+ EI VS Ionizing bar||(especially for high-speed machines)|
|Air Knife||+ EN 8 Power pack||(Standard)|
|+ EI RN Ionizing bar||(Standard)|
Basic unit for one
without ionizing bar.
|Please order ionizing bar separately.|
|Dimensions||72 x 35 mm|
|Length||120 mm – 300 mm
Special lengths on request for special lengths radial air connection.
|Operating temperature||+5 °C to +50 °C|
|Storage/transport temperature||-15 °C to +60 °C|
|Optimum effective distance||20 – 30 mm|
|Smallest bending radius (cable)||R 50|
Subject to technical changes!
Attachment nuts between the first and second clamping screw
up to 500 mm total length AK GK
from 501 mm total length AK GK
Suitable Power Packs
(ionizing unit incl.
|EN SL||max. 5 m|
|EN SL LC / EN SL RLC||max. 10 m|
|EN 8 / EN 8 LC||max. 18 m|
|Multistat||max. 18 m|
|EN 70 / EN 70 LC||max. 2 x 18 m|