Kistler Model 4503A Torque Sensors with built-in speed sensor operate on the strain gauge principle. An integral, digital measurement conditioning system produces analog or digital output signals.
• Digital Telemetry
• Rated torque: 0.2 ... 5,000 Nm (1.8 ... 44,250 lbf-in)
• Ratio for second range: 1:10 or 1:5 of rated torque
• Speed ranges up to 50,000 rpm
• Accuracy class in rated torque range: 0.1 optionally 0.05, in the second measuring range: 0.2
• Integral speed sensor
• Serial data output RS-232C for torque signals
Additional advantages of second range:
• Natural overload protection of smaller range because of special design
• One sensor for two separately calibrated measuring ranges
The version with a second measuring range (option) is ideal for applications with a high peak torque but moderate operating torque. A torque sensor with only one measuring range would have to be chosen to withstand the peak torque. As a result it would, however, be over designed for measuring the operating torque actually of interest. The dual range sensor offers the advantage of range switching, which allows highly accurate measurement of both the peak and particularly the operating torque.
Power is supplied and the measurement signals transferred between the rotating shaft and the case without contact. In addition to suitable mounting of the shaft, low production tolerances and high grade balancing, this is a further prerequisite for the high speed limit of up to 50,000 rpm achieved with the "H" version.
The type 0260DM... torque sensors are used:
• In automotive and vehicle engineering
• In the aeronautical industry
• In mechanical and process plant engineering
• In electric motor manufacture
They are universal in application, being suitable for the development laboratory, production or quality assurance. Typically used for testing of electric motors, generators, drive performance, measurement of transmission or spindle drive friction, at a manual workstation or in networked, automated production cells.
Kistler Model 4503A Torque Sensor