G.M. International new DIN RAIL mount Intrinsic Safety Galvanic Isolators provide the most simple and cost effective means of implementing Intrinsic Safety into your Hazardous Area applications.
• More than 25 modules suitable for SIL 3 applications according to IEC 61508, IEC 61511.
• Independent power supply circuit for each channel.
• Double units are equivalent to two single units because of the absence of common circuitry.
• Single channel versions available if required, to provide single loop integrity on Emergency Shut Down and Fire & Gas applications.
• Configuration components are easily accessed by removing cover.
• DIP switch configurability for easy field setup.
• LED indication for power, signal status and line fault conditions.
• Modules accept DC power supply over a wide range for 24 Vdc (20-30 Vdc) applications.
• Wide operating temp. range: -40 to +60/+70ºC.
• Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• Certified for Offshore and Marine applications.
• High signal transfer accuracy and repeatability.
• Advanced circuitry provides very low heat dissipation, ensuring modules run cool despite their high density and functionality.
• SMD manufacturing to maximize long, reliable life.
• Complete absence of electrolytic capacitors ensures minimum 20 years lifetime.
^ 6 mm per channel + Ultra-low power consumption
High Packing Density
• 35 mm (Top Hat) DIN-Rail.
• Ultra slim 2 channels 12 mm wide DIN-Rail and Termination Board mounting modules.
• Power and fault on bus connectors.
• 6 mm per channel means 50% space reduction.
• Wide range of digital and analog I/O.
• SIL 3 Safety Relay contacts rated for 4 A or 10 A for direct switching of high loads.
• Three port galvanic isolation to eliminate noise,ground loop problems and to provide Intrinsic Safety without a high integrity safety earth connection.
• Line fault alarm detects open or short circuit of field cables.
• Optional power bus DIN-Rail connector.
• Standard Termination Board, custom connectors for integration into customized Boards.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
Certifications and Approvals
D5000 Series is applied for:
• Intrinsic Safety Certification to CENELEC according 94/9/EC (ATEX).
• European Directives for EMC.
• SIL 2 and SIL3 modules according standards IEC61508 and IEC61511
5000 Series Brochure