Safe, Simple, Smart!
When FireChek® Senses excessive heat from a nearby fire,it immediately vents the pneumatic actuator and closes the actuator air supply line.
FireChek® triggers quickly,securing pneumatically operated process line valves. Because FireChek® responds to heat,not flame,it offers dramatically improved protection compared with conventional plastic tubing burn-through.It shuts off the air supply line to prevent plant air from feeding oxygen to a fire.
- Rapidly responds to temperature rise, NOT flames
- Vents actuator air pressure
- Closes actuator air supply line
- Needs no power source, self activates
- Compatible with ALL pneumatic actuators
- No contact with process fluids
- Easy to test and reset
- Reliable, intrinsic triggering
- Easily retrofit, installs in minutes
Shape Memory Alloy Actuator:
The shape memory element senses the ambient temperature and, through a phase induction change, rapidly produces the force and motion to operate FireChek®. The element is 100% reliable because the shape memory effect is intrinsic to the alloy. Shape memory alloys have performed successfully for years in military, industrial, and consumer product applications.
If FireChek® senses temperatures above the shape memory alloy's actuation temperature, the shape memory element simultaneously vents pneumatic actuator air pressure and closes upstream supply pressure.
FireChekÕs® manual reset allows routine performance testing for safety maintenance programs. A hot-air gun will quickly actuate FireChek®. After cooling briefly, the FireChek® can easily be reset without the use of tools, for continued protection.
FireChek® installs easily between the pneumatic supply and spring return actuator via two female threaded connections.
- MEMRY® Shape Memory Alloy Actuator and Sensor
- DELRIN® Thermal Insulators
- BUNA-N O-rings
- 300 Series SS Body Cover, Reset, Shuttle Cap, Pin, and Bias Spring
- 1/4-18 NPT American Standard Tapered Pipe
Actuation time: 25 seconds or less at a temperature rise rate of 30°F/min
Actuation Temperature: 135, 150, or 165°F
Maximum Working Control Pressure: 125 PSIG
Fill and Discharge Capacity: 1 liter of air in under 1 second at 125 PSIG
Cv = 0.49
Overall Dimensions: Length = 2.59" | Diameter = 1" | Weight = 0.482 lbs.