Efficient Removal of Floating Grease and Heavy Oil
The Abanaki Grease Grabber is a dependable and effective means of removing floating grease and oil from water, under the most demanding conditions. The Grease Grabber makes use of the differences in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water. These physical characteristics allow the skimmer belt to attract grease, oil, and other hydrocarbon liquids as the belt passes through the surface of the water.
The skimmer belt specifically selected for your application (see Belt Selection page). Texture pinch rollers pull the belt over the idler pulley and through the angled wiper blades, where grease is removed before passing through the pinch rollers. The grease is rolled off into a heated hopper, which maintains fluidity for easy drainage through a 4" ID discharge port. Belt tension is maintained by the weight of a free riding tail pulley. The tail pulley is tethered to the underside of the Grease Grabber to prevent accidental loss.
- Removes floating grease and oil from water
- Elevates skimmed grease up to 100 feet or more, for easy discharge into drums
- Removes up to 160 gallons of grease per hour
- Reduces fluid disposal costs
- Helps meet government requirements for water discharge
- Large,160 gph, removal capacity
- High temperature capability
- Requires only a 28" X 9" (71.12cm x 22.86cm) mounting area
- Maintains skimming efficiency with fluctuating fluid level
- Fast set-up, easy cleaning, and minimal maintenance
- Operates in turbulent liquids (with optional tail pulley, belt cage and tether assembly)
Rugged Construction for Harsh Conditions -The construction of the Grease Grabber has a rugged simplicity that is designed to last 20 years or longer. Belts are specifically selected for your application (see Belt Selection page). It can handle liquids between 32F and 212F, with pH between 1 and 13. The motor, gear reducer, and powder coated finish of the weldments give the Grease Grabber exceptionally long life, even under the harshest conditions.
The Grease Grabber is designed for extremely demanding applications, such as drainage pits in primary metal mills, where heavy loads of grease and oil accumulate. To handle this kind of load, the Grease Grabber uses an oil-filled gear reducer having bronze gears and ball bearings to drive pressure rolls with tractor treads that rotate the belt. This heavy duty drive train will elevate skimmed grease up to 100 feet or more for easy discharge into drums. The drive unit can be mounted on a flat surface, or on a boom that suspends the Grease Grabber over the pit. An optional remote control switch also is available.
- Drainage pits in primary metal mills and factories
- Underground tanks
- Wastewater sumps
- Parking lots, garages, and service facilities
- Truck, locomotive, and other mobile equipment washing facilities
- Designed for the most demanding conditions
- Corrosion-resistant materials
- Lifts skimmed grease up to 100 feet or more
- Customized belt lengths and materials
- Belt and wiper materials unaffected by most greases and oils
- Removable guards and other features make maintenance a breeze
Grease Grabber mounted
on a custom stand
Custom built Grease Grabber
ready for delivery
|160 gph (606 lph); Removal rate is based on Brooks Technology Plexelene 750TM
grease in ordinary water.
||Fractional hp TEFC, 115/230 VAC, single phase, 60 Hz, gear motor
||Specifically selected for your application
(see Belt Selection page)
||8 inches (20.3 cm)
||User specified (up to 100', measured from the center of head pulley to center of tail pulley)
||CRV standard (other materials available)
||Flat surface mount is standard (boom mast mount optional)
||Appx. 28" X 9" (71.12 cm X 22.86 cm)
||Complete drive unit without tail pulley or belt: Appx. 240 lbs. (109 kg).
Two lifting hooks installed on drive unit.
Tail pulley: 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
||316 Stainless Steel Housing
Boom mast mounting
Remote ON/OFF switch
Tail pulley, belt cage and teather assembly for turbulent liquids
||Temperature: 125o F (52o C) with elastomer belt.
212o F (100o C) with corrosion-resistant steel belt.
pH of liquid: Between 1 and 13 for ambient temperatures.
|The Abanaki Grease Grabber is supplied with a hinged motor guard, raised by
a gas spring when released. An additional guard covers the drive roll area. Other
standard componentry includes a fixed wiper blade assembly, skimmer belt, tail
pulley and ON/OFF push-button control with indicator lamp. The unit comes with
* Operating limits refer to liquid temperature. Consult the factory for advice on your particular operating conditions.